Machine Operator - Cups
- Consistently operates one or more machines at or above standard levels considering waste, efficiency and utilization.
- Troubleshoot causes of machine malfunctions. Make appropriate adjustments or repairs to ensure that the quality of the cartons meeting specifications and that the machines operate properly.
- Conducts quality checks at regular intervals. Takes corrective action to fix defects identified.
- Performs minor repairs during production.
- Performs simple make readies and changeovers.
- Performs daily machine maintenance.
- Performs weekly machine maintenance.
- Communicates with the operator from the previous and following shifts to review any problems experienced on the machines throughout the department.
- Communicates with supervisor to determine priorities for the day and identify any change overs or other special directions related to the department.
- Communicates production information to crew members.
- Performs purge procedures when changing to a new product and completes the required checklists.
- Covers breaks for feeders and catcher/packers.
- Insures that corrugated, trays and other supplies are available for catcher/packers.
- Completes appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for crewing time, machine time, and production quantities.
- Read and understands job sheets. Uses information to ensure machine is set up and production is run according to specification.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.